This recipe was devised a long time ago by a mother who helped a group of first graders prepare a treat in class. There were enough ingredients for each child to lend a helping hand. Through the last 20 years, I enhanced and revised the recipe. Adults and children alike love it!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until loaf tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread in Reminisce January/February 1993, p49
Reviews for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review