This recipe was devised a long time ago by a mother who helped a group of first graders prepare a treat in class. There were enough ingredients for each child to lend a helping hand. Through the last 20 years, I enhanced and revised the recipe. Adults and children alike love it!
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until loaf tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread in Reminisce January/February 1993, p49
Reviews for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
"Very mild flavor considering all the spices that are in it, but otherwise delish! I baked it for 60 minutes. Did not do drizzle but it looks nice!"
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2009
"Use pecans instead of walnuts."