Pumpkin Chip Muffins Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Muffins
Sort By :
After reading the reviews I used only 1 cup brown sugar, half whole wheat flour (worked well, next time I'll use more), 2 eggs + 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup oil + 1 cup applesauce, 3 tsp cinnamon, and just 1 cup chocolate chips. This is a good, very adaptable recipe.
First time trying this recipe. I cut the sugar to 1-1/3 cups. The amount of oil seemed overwhelming, so I may try 1/2 oil 1/2 applesauce next time but I used the full amount this time. I used 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice & cut the cinnamon to maybe 1/3 tsp. I opted for mini chocolate chips as opposed to regular size -- just a personal preference. I got 2 dozen full sized muffins & a dozen mini muffins from the amount of batter I had.
I made this recipe as is and it made 27 cupcake size muffins. Took the muffins to work for a fund raiser and they went like hot cakes!!!! My husband taste tested them before they went out the door and said they are delicious. Now I have to make another batch for him!!!
These were great. Made to take to work for a brunch. It made 30 muffins. Easy to make AND
everyone liked them. @ Garvagh....you can substitute unsweetened applesauce for the oil. The end product will be different - not as light but it does cut down on the calories and fat if that is what you are looking for.
Awesome!! I will be making these again and again. If you eat them warm the chocolate really comes through, but then if you eat them cooled down the pumpkin shines!