- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Muffins
"These are so delicious! Also, my daughter has celiac d. now so I have to bake GLUTEN FREE for her. This is the best recipe for gluten free muffins I have found. I just use gluten free King Arthurs Flour instead. She feels like it tastes like regular muffins!"
"They were really good. I never ever ever add salt when I bake, so I suggest you leave out the salt. They are delicious when they are in lunches. They were totally awesome. They are pretty muffin moist. You know, the way muffins taste when they are good. I hope you try these! I definitely won't make this recipe today because I already made other muffins. If they taste bland I don't know what you should do with them. But please, try them!"
"Very moist and delicious. I used 1.5 cups of sugar and replaced a half cup of oil with unsweetened applesauce. I added 1 teaspoon vanilla. I used 1 heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Made 29 muffins. Baked for 16-18 min at 350."
"Very yummy! A great crowd pleaser. I made them for a baby shower and everyone loved them. I used 1 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil."
"I would think this would be great with butterscotch chips also?"
"Loved them! I, like most others, used half applesauce and half canola oil. Decreased white sugar to 1 cup and added 1/2 cup brown sugar. Added 2 tsp. vanilla flavoring and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Made 6 dozen mini muffins!"
"These are really good. If it was just me I would add more cinnamon, but my kids don't like anything too strong so these are perfect for then. I subbed in some applesauce as well, and I made mine into mini-muffins."
"Very good! I substituted 1 cup of applesauce for 1 cup of the oil and they were very moist."