Pumpkin Chip Muffins Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"These did not come out well in my opinion. They are almost flavorless. They do not taste like pumpkin at all and there is no where near enough spice to make them taste like a pumpkin muffin should taste, and that is with me adding some pumpkin pie spice mixture on top of the cinnamon. Won't be making them again."
"Love this recipe! Finally found a pumpkin muffin recipe that I like! It has a great fluffy muffin texture. It is still moist, but not overly oily like some recipes I've tried recently. Will definitely make this one again and again!!"
"Since I live at high altitude, I added two tablespoons almond milk to the batter and decreased the sugar by a third cup. These are OUTSTANDING! We had so many pumpkins in the garden this year, I am trying lots of new recipes and this is one of the best."
"This recipe is great as is. I used dark chocolate morsels and they taste amazing!"
"These muffins are good; however, I feel the pumpkin flavor didn't come through as much as I hoped."