- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"Our family has been using this recipe for years. It was passed down to me from my mother-in-law. It is consistently perfect. I have also tweaked the recipe over the years to make it work better for my family's preferences. I use half brown sugar and half white. I use 2 cups white flour & 3/4 c whole wheat flour. I use 3/4 c of applesauce and 3/4 c. of oil (in place of the 1.5 c oil). I use 2 cups of pumpkin that I pur?e myself and usually freeze. I also add vanilla- somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon. I use pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon. These muffins freeze pretty well. The recipe really is wonderful as if is, but these are just some changes we have made to it ourselves over the years."
"These did not come out well in my opinion. They are almost flavorless. They do not taste like pumpkin at all and there is no where near enough spice to make them taste like a pumpkin muffin should taste, and that is with me adding some pumpkin pie spice mixture on top of the cinnamon. Won't be making them again."
"Love this recipe! Finally found a pumpkin muffin recipe that I like! It has a great fluffy muffin texture. It is still moist, but not overly oily like some recipes I've tried recently. Will definitely make this one again and again!!"
"Since I live at high altitude, I added two tablespoons almond milk to the batter and decreased the sugar by a third cup. These are OUTSTANDING! We had so many pumpkins in the garden this year, I am trying lots of new recipes and this is one of the best."
"This recipe is great as is. I used dark chocolate morsels and they taste amazing!"