Pumpkin Chip Muffins Recipe
I started cooking and baking at a young age - just like my sisters and brothers. Our mother was a very good teacher, and she told us all we would learn our way around the kitchen. Now, I've let our children know the same thing! —Cindy Middleton, Champion, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC