Pumpkin Chip Loaf Recipe
This is a family favorite Mom made during the holidays. Once we smelled the wonderful aroma of this spiced pumpkin bread baking, we could hardly wait for her to slice it! —Michele McFie, Salem, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 239 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC