This is a family favorite Mom made during the holidays. Once we smelled the wonderful aroma of this spiced pumpkin bread baking, we could hardly wait for her to slice it! —Michele McFie, Salem, Oregon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Pumpkin Chip Loaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p56
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2010
"Makes a nice moist loaf. Enjoyed it very much."