Pumpkin Chip Drops
"With a combination of pumpkin, oats and chocolate chips, these soft drop cookies make delightful fall treats," reports Regina Stock of Topeka, Kansas. "I sometimes make them into bars and increase the baking time," she adds.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Stir in the chocolate
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 224 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium,