Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes Recipe
I love these cupcakes that are loaded with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. My mom makes them for dessert on special occasions or for a sweet autumn snack. -Jacinta Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 388 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC