Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 388 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
"My brother loved these! Moist with a hit of pumpkin and melty chocolate!!"
"This was a great recipe but wasn't overly pumpkin-y tasting (which was great for the little ones who don't like pumpkin). The cupcakes were very moist and so was the frosting - but it did make a lot. I decorated each with a little mallowcreme pumpkin and piped on some leaves. It looked really nice (I also reduced fat by using fat-free cream cheese)."
"Nice recipe!! Will definitely try this out."
"I made these cupcakes for our church fellowship this past weekend and they were a great success. Followed the recipe exactly except that I thought there was too much frosting. I used what I needed to cover the cupcakes and used the rest to fill a pumpkin roll. (Worked out great since a 15 oz can of pumpkin equals 1 2/3 cups. 1 cup for this recipe and 2/3 cup for the pumpkin roll-another Taste of Home recipe)"
"I absolutely love this recipe. I make it all the time, and the frosting is my go-to cream cheese frosting recipe. I usually leave out the nuts (personal preference) and I occasionally use a whole can of pumpkin and omit the oil for a lower fat version!"
"I made this recipe for the first time last night. The cream cheese frosting really makes this recipe out of this world! I was pleasantly surprised to find there is no sugar in this recipe (except for the frosting). No one taste is too over powering - it is a great balance between the pumpkin, chocolate and pecans. I think the flavor resembles carrot cake. Next time, I may add more chocolate chips - they just seem to disappear with all that luscious frosting! AWESOME!"
"Good cupcakes ...but they didn't really taste very "pumpkinie" It tasted more like a chocolate chips cupcake then a pumpkin based cupcake. But it still tasted good."
"Love these. I like the cupcake itself, but the frosting makes it even better. The frosting is to die for! Together, they make a great combo. Love 'em."
"I LOOOOOOVE these cupcakes! Delicious! Eating one right now! :)"
"this recipe calls for walnuts but the photo clearly shows pecans. is one favored over the other??"
"I made this a cake for an after church function - was a great hit - came home with an empty dish - very moist and tasty - will go in my "favorites" as I love pumpkin in anything! Thanks for sharing this"