Pumpkin Chip Cookies
These golden cake-like cookies are my favorite, especially around the holidays. They disappear quickly from my dessert trays. The subtle pumpkin and cinnamon flavors pair nicely with chocolate chips.
-Tami Burroughs, Salem, Oregon
60 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg
- and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and
- salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.