Pumpkin Chip Cookies Recipe
These golden cake-like cookies are my favorite, especially around the holidays. They disappear quickly from my dessert trays. The subtle pumpkin and cinnamon flavors pair nicely with chocolate chips. -Tami Burroughs, Salem, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:60 servings
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC