- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Cookies
"I used butterscotch chis and they were great. I also used fresh pumpkin instead of canned and 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon."
"These are delicious and moist. They also freeze very well. I put them in sandwich bags and then in a freezer bag. Perfect!"
"Love pumpkin & these hit the spot. It doesn't hurt that they also include chocolate."
"these were really good cookies! I really like them. just a little tip, i had to cook them for 4 more minutes then the recipe tells, they get cooked a lot better"
"too cake like very soft and not enough pumpkin taste"
"These are my favorite pumpkin cookies. They are soft and melt in your mouth! Make them!"
"Pumpkin was very subtle. The cookies stayed moist and chewy. I substituted 1/2 white chips and 1/2 butterscotch chips for the chocolate. Everyone in the family loved them!"
"My family loves these cookies. They never last long around the house. They are so moist they are the best!"
"Everyone just loves these cookies!"