Pumpkin Chip Cake Recipe
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute until frothy. Add the pumpkin, applesauce and bran; mix well. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Cake
Sort By :
"I used 4 eggs and it turned out fine"
"It is very good, but too sweet. I will use 11/2 cup sugar next time"
"I love this cake, it's moist and tasty, and keeps well in the freezer."
"To Aesalinas: My husband is also a Diabetic, and I use Splenda to bake and cook all the time, and can see no difference in the done products. I also use Egg beaters.nkgus7w4"
"Yes, it does sound good. I also would like to know if I can use a real egg instead. Has anyone tried using a sugar substitute? I am newly diabtic and have not tried baking yet, because of the whole sugar thing......."