Pumpkin Chip Cake Recipe
“Moist and delicious, this is a great cake for fall,“ says Barbara Lindberg in Portland, Oregon. “But my kids loved it so much, it quickly became a year-round favorite. It also keeps well…and never lasts long enough to get stale!“
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg substitute until frothy. Add the pumpkin, applesauce and bran; mix well. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 287 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC