Pumpkin Chip Bread Recipe
"I love chocolate, so I experiment with it in many recipes," writes Shirley Glaab from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "The miniature semisweet chips in this tender bread are wonderful with the cranberries, pumpkin and spices."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- 2. Transfer to two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC