"I love chocolate, so I experiment with it in many recipes," writes Shirley Glaab from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "The miniature semisweet chips in this tender bread are wonderful with the cranberries, pumpkin and spices."
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chip Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p47
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review