This unique chili freezes well…but it still doesn't last around our farmhouse very long, especially when my five children and 13 grandchildren are around! —Betty Butler, Greencastle, Indiana
11 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) chili sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add water if
- desired to reduce thickness. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 11 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.