Pumpkin Chili Recipe
This unique chili freezes well…but it still doesn't last around our farmhouse very long, especially when my five children and 13 grandchildren are around! —Betty Butler, Greencastle, Indiana
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) chili sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add water if desired to reduce thickness. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 11 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC