Pumpkin Chiffon Torte Recipe
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 enveloped unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine gelatin and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk mixture to just below boiling; remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 3. Remove sides of pan just before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving (1 slice) (prepared with skim milk and light whipped topping) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.