Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
When I was young we produced several ingredients for this longtime favorite on the farm. We raised pumpkins in our large vegetable garden, and made homemade butter and lots of sour cream from our dairy herd.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 16 pecan halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over filling; return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish each slice with a pecan half. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 230 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC