- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 16 pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over filling; return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish each slice with a pecan half. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake
"Delicious ! I made it twice. First time was excellent. Second time tasted great but didn't stay together very well. Might e my mistake, but I take one star off."
"I loved this recipe a lot of people said to not use the sour cream part and I decided to do it anyway because it was my first time making it. Instead of doing it the way they told you too. I did 2 cups of sour cream about 4 tablespoons of.sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. It made all the difference. You can also play with the flavors of the actual cheesecake part and make it thicker by adding more cream cheese."
"This was a very easy cheesecake to prepare. I made it in a smaller springform pan to make it a little thicker and it turned out excellent. Definitely plan to make it again."
"Flavor is excellent. I prefer a thicker cheesecake layer, but this cheesecake may really appeal to those who like a thinner cheesecake. I drizzled each slice with some maple syrup - very good!"
"Flavor was excellent. I would have preferred a thicker cheesecake layer, but this may be a good cheesecake for those who prefer a thinner layer."
"Excellent recipe. Easily as good as The Cheesecake Factory's version. I added a little ground ginger to the crushed graham crackers for extra crust flavor."
"I made this last night and it is awesome. I made a couple of changes. I used Gingerbread cookies for the crust and I did not have a spring pan so I just used a 9in pie plate. Doing it this way in the pie plate 2 can get 2 instead one. It is the best cheesecake I have ever had."
"This was pretty good, although not the best pumpkin cheesecake I have ever made. I wasn't sure about the sour cream layer, as it pretty much just tasted of sour cream, but in the end it actually worked well as it cut some of the sweetness of the pumpkin layer - every last piece was eaten!"