- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Caramel sundae syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
"So good, that two men who don't normally like cheesecake or pumpkin LOVED this."
"Hi Sharon,That's not a typo. If you can't find the 5 oz can simply measure 5 oz from the 12 oz can.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"The recipe calls for a 5 oz can of Evaporated milk. Is that a typo and should it be the 12 oz can?"
"After I got started making this cheesecake, I realized I had no sour cream. I used 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt instead, and continued with the recipe. It turned out great! I'd also recommend wrapping the springform pan with foil to keep the butter from making a mess in the oven."
"I love this cheesecake, But now i live in high attitude. What to do? I have to make one for thankgiving"
"A wonderfully flavorful cheesecake that is perfect for the fall season. Would make a nice alternative from the traditional pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving! I followed the recipe exactly except for used a gingersnap crust with walnuts - those flavors really compliment the pumpkin and cinnamon & I will use the same crust next time. I will bake it 10 - 15 minutes longer next time as it turned out to be not quite set in the middle."
"This is an excellent recipe. I have made it many times and everyone loves it."
"This cheesecake is everyone's favorite. The crowd picks this first from all the other choices. This screams fall and Thanksgiving. Love it!!!"
"Make this during the holidays every year. Everyone raves about it"
"I've made this CHEESECAKE several times..never fails to please a crowd....cake....cheesecake...who cares...it's all good....and so is Taste of Home...."