- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Caramel sundae syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
Sort By :
"Easy to make & it was gone in no time! Everyone loved it."
"This is a lovely recipe but I don't yet have a spring form pan. So I used a glass 13x9 in baking dish. Worked out great, just not as deep as I would have liked. Thanks!!"
"I'm always up for trying new recipes, glad I picked this one. It's in the keeper box."
"I had some mashed sweet potatoes in the freezer left over from Thanksgiving that I planned to make a cheesecake with. When I saw this recipe in the Taste of Home Christmas cookbook, it seemed much less labor-intensive than my usual recipe, so I decided to try it and switch out the pumpkin for sweet potatoes. It turned out excellent! I will be replacing my old recipe with this one. Very easy to make and delicious, earning thumbs-up from my family.I will also add that this is the first time I've EVER had a cheesecake set in the amount of time the recipe calls for! A big plus!"
"this recipe is fantastic. light anf fluffy and the flavor was a light as well. everyone loved it. i will be taking this to christmas dinner."