Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Caramel sundae syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- 5. Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 329 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.