Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping(23)
Sort By :
I had some mashed sweet potatoes in the freezer left over from Thanksgiving that I planned to make a cheesecake with. When I saw this recipe in the Taste of Home Christmas cookbook, it seemed much less labor-intensive than my usual recipe, so I decided to try it and switch out the pumpkin for sweet potatoes. It turned out excellent! I will be replacing my old recipe with this one. Very easy to make and delicious, earning thumbs-up from my family.
I will also add that this is the first time I've EVER had a cheesecake set in the amount of time the recipe calls for! A big plus!
this recipe is fantastic. light anf fluffy and the flavor was a light as well. everyone loved it. i will be taking this to christmas dinner.
oh my gosh! This recipe was so easy to make. I cannot get over how good it was. This will diffinitely be kept in my recipe book. My family asked me to make it for Christmas Eve dinner.
I am a novice when it comes to baking, however I pulled this recipe off well. Loved it! Tasted awesome.
The pumpkin portion of the pie was great; however the sour cream topping was too strong and did not blend well with the actual pie.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cheesecakes >