- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 32 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Pecan brittle, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; securely wrap foil around pan. Place pecans in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Add the gingersnaps, brown sugar and butter; cover and pulse until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cream, syrup, vanilla and spices. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and pecan brittle if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake Deluxe
"I have the same issues with the cooking time, almost TWO hrs ....ive never tasted it as I'm not a fan of pumpkin or cheesecake but I've made it several times and it's always a big hit"
"a Thanksgiving tradition.. a 2008 recipe.. another recipe, deluxe pumpkin cheesecake.. is a 2009 recipe.. modified by another.."
"Made this recipe for Thanksgiving. After reading the reviews I was worried about baking it long enough. After 75 minutes, when I tapped the cake, it still jiggled more than an inch in diameter in the center. I took it out anyway and hoped that it would set in the fridge. When I served it, the very center was still not set but the rest of the cake was delish!!! The family thought it was a smashing success.... Has a wonderful creamy, pumpkin flavor. Perfect blend between cheesecake and pumpkin pie."
"Very good flavor and texture,although it took a lot longer time in the oven than the recipe states. I had to check and recheck it got to be very irritating. I have made several cheese cakes before and never had the trouble baking like I did with this one. Very delicious!"
"Very good flavor and texture,although it took a lot longer time in the oven than the recipe states. I had to check and recheck it got to be very irritating. I have made several cheese cakes before and never had the trouble baking like I did with this one."