- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Sort By :
"These were easy to make and taste great. It definitely tastes more like a pumpkin pie bar than cheesecake, so if you are looking for something with more of a cheesecake taste/texture then you might want to try something else. I made the recipe as written except I substituted cloves and nutmeg for the allspice since I didn't have any of that."
"Delicious, but I discovered I don't like the taste of allspice! I made this the first time exactly according to the recipe, as I always do when making a new recipe. But there was a definite note to it that I couldn't put my finger on, but didn't like; and then I realized it had to be the allspice, which I'd never used before. I always thought it was called allspice because it was a combination of all the traditional baking spices, but it's NOT--it's ground up seeds of a tropical evergreen (pimento) tree. Makes sense, because to me there's a definite "sprucey" taste and scent to it. So...I made it the next time with the same amount of cinnamon, and substituted 1/2 tsp. nutmeg and 1/4 tsp. cloves for the allspice, and LOVED it! Winner!"
"These were so delicious! I followed the advice about using regular margarine (I used imperial brand) and a little more than what the recipe called for. I also baked just the crust for 15 minutes separately instead of refrigerating it. They turned out perfect!"
"This recipe is absolutely outstanding! I was never much of a plain pumpkin pie person but wanted to make something for Thanksgiving with pumpkin for dessert. I found this recipe and decided to make it for a trial run before the big day. WOW, is all I have to say. My husband went nuts over it and said PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this and not pumpkin pie. I plan on making this one and some apple crumble bars in lieu of pies this year!"
"What a great, quick and easy recipe! We love the nut crust even though I made it with walnuts because I was out of pecans. I will try it with pecans next time."