- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 16 pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over filling; return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish each slice with a pecan half. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This was a very easy cheesecake to prepare. I made it in a smaller springform pan to make it a little thicker and it turned out excellent. Definitely plan to make it again."
"Flavor is excellent. I prefer a thicker cheesecake layer, but this cheesecake may really appeal to those who like a thinner cheesecake. I drizzled each slice with some maple syrup - very good!"
"Flavor was excellent. I would have preferred a thicker cheesecake layer, but this may be a good cheesecake for those who prefer a thinner layer."
"Ever since I first made this delicious cheesecake for Thanksgiving dinner a couple of years ago, my family and friends request it often. It is also our new Thanksgiving tradition :) Thanks for such a wonderful recipe!!!!"
"I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I always have to make 2 because everyone loves it!"