This is one of my favorite recipes, especially in autumn. It is much easier to make than a traditional pumpkin roll - and it's always a crowd-pleaser! -Carlene Jessop, Hildale, Utah
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Drop tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cheese Coffee Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p29
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheese Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2014
"Everyone at my office enjoyed it a lot."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012
"Added pumpkin pie spice mix! Too die for!!Family and friends can't get enough!"
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2012
"This is my absolute go-to dessert recipe. Everyone always loves it!"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
"One of my go-to sweet recipes. Delicious!"