This is one of my favorite recipes, especially in autumn. It is much easier to make than a traditional pumpkin roll - and it's always a crowd-pleaser! -Carlene Jessop, Hildale, Utah
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Drop tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cheese Coffee Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p29
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheese Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review