- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 celery rib or broccoli stalk
- Sliced apples and Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, paprika and cayenne. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- With a knife, add vertical lines to the cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin; insert a celery rib or broccoli stalk for the stem. Serve with apples and crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheese Ball(17)
Sort By :
Served this at a "Little Pumpkin" themed baby shower. Received many compliments on the idea of shaping a cheese ball into a pumpkin, but no compliments regarding the actual flavor of the cheese ball. May try using the pumpkin shape idea with another cheese ball recipe for Thanksgiving.
We love this recipe. I make tiny ones for each guest and add shredded cheddar to the out side of each "pumpkin" so it is orange. Always a hit!
I love this recipe and get asked for it all the time. I add shredded mild cheddar to the outside to make it more orange looking.
Made this last Thanksgiving and again this year....also made for Christmas last year and shaped it into a Christmas tree decorated with capers and red pepper pieces. Super fun!
I have a similar pumpkin cheese ball recipe that I ice(spread) with Kaukauna Port Wine cheese which gives it an orange color and and looks more like a pumpkin. I use a thick pretzel for the stem.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >