No one will guess this make-ahead spread has pumpkin in it, but that subtle ingredient lends harvest color and added nutrition. The recipe comes from Topeka, Kansas field editor Linnea Rein.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Celery leaves
- Crackers and/or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin and pineapple. Stir in cheddar cheese, beef and onion. Shape into a ball; place on a serving platter. Score sides with a knife to resemble a pumpkin and add celery leaves for a stem. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cheese Ball in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p64
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review