Not only do kids love to eat these cupcakes, they can help bake them, too. To make things even easier, we like to dunk them in premade caramel apple dip instead of using frosting. —Donna Schaab, Belleville, Illinois
Recommended: 10 Salted Caramel Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 carton (16 ounces) caramel apple dip
- Chocolate frosting and decorating icing, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with caramel apple dip. Decorate, if desired, with frosting and decorating icing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes in Taste of Home September/October 2017