Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin and oil until smooth; add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares and serve with warm sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce(8)
Sort By :
This cake was delicious! I made it in a bundt cake pan, and while I won't be doing that again because I didn't exactly like how the outside crust came out (I think it was the type of bundt cake pan I used), I did love this cake overall.
This is soooo good! Excellent recipe.
I made this for my family, we all love pumpkin. It was easy to make, with handy ingredients and my kids loved it. A big hit for us. The kids are already asking me to make it again.
Wow, this is a TERRIFIC recipe! I recently tried it and took it to work with me, where it got rave reviews and people begged me to make them one. So yummy!
This is a cake that tastes like pumpkin bread.The sauce was very good. It makes a lot and is very sweet . We are going to use the rest as a topping for homemade ice cream later. yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cake Topping Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Caramel Cake >
- Caramel Sauce >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Pumpkin Cake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >