Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce Recipe
If a recipe has pumpkin in it, it's likely I'll enjoy it! This one resulted when I added my favorite key ingredient to an old recipe for spice cake that I had. Everyone who's tried it has enjoyed it. —Roberta Peck, Fort Hill, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin and oil until smooth; add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares and serve with warm sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC