- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin and oil until smooth; add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares and serve with warm sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce
"This cake was delicious! I made it in a bundt cake pan, and while I won't be doing that again because I didn't exactly like how the outside crust came out (I think it was the type of bundt cake pan I used), I did love this cake overall."
"This is soooo good! Excellent recipe."
"I made this for my family, we all love pumpkin. It was easy to make, with handy ingredients and my kids loved it. A big hit for us. The kids are already asking me to make it again."
"Wow, this is a TERRIFIC recipe! I recently tried it and took it to work with me, where it got rave reviews and people begged me to make them one. So yummy!"