Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe
From Allston, MA, Elizabeth Montgomery notes, "This dessert is delicious - especially if you love cream cheese and pumpkin."
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- 2. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 3. Immediately turn out onto a clean dish towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in towel, starting with a short end. Cool.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 332 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC