- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately turn out onto a clean dish towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in towel, starting with a short end. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cake Roll
"This is a great recipe. Mastering the roll takes time and patience, even if it doesn't look the greatest it will get eaten. I use the 8oz. bricks of cream cheese since that is what I find on sale around the holidays. My family would rather have this than the pumpkin pie. I usually make 2, one for the walnut lovers and one with out."
"My family loves this, especially my dad! I didn't make it one year at Thanksgiving and everybody said "Where's the pumpkin cake roll???""
"This was my first try on a pumpkin roll. My friend used to make them and it looked complicating to me so I never made it for myself, but I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried it. We loved it so my family will be eating this at Thanksgiving as well"
"This has a very mild pumpkin taste. If one likes more pumpkin flavor, this cake isn't the one. This is also, very easy to make."
"I found this quick and easy for a cake roll and also very tasty."