- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mix according to package directions for cake. Cool completely.
- Break cake into crumbles; reserve 1/4 cup crumbs. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and spices until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin.
- In a 3-1/2 qt. trifle or glass bowl, layer one-fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, one-fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping; repeat layers. Top with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Butterscotch Gingerbread Trifle
"This is a great trifle recipe. I've made it as written, and with half vanilla pudding. Lately I've started using gingersnaps instead of gingerbread. I also have only been using two boxes of butterscotch pudding and 3 cups of milk (plus a little ground cloves). It has been fantastic every time because the flavors go together so well."
"This is amazing . I made this for a Luncheon For my lady friends and they could not stop eating it. It Looked just like the picture and was very easy to make. ??"
"A new family favorite!"
"I have made this several times and each time I never have left overs! I love how it is a fresh take on the pumpkin flavor. :-)"
"This was a great crowd-pleaser. It looks so nice before you dig into it! Flavors go well together. The fat-free versions of pudding are in the smaller sizes. As others said, use two boxes of the regular size pudding and you'll be fine."
"I have made this many times and have asked for the recipe every time I make it. I have read a person can't find the gingerbread mix, just saying I have seen it at Walmart. As for the problem of pudding box size...I just used 2 small boxes of vanilla pudding and 1 small box of the butterscotch."
"this trifle ricipe sounds really good so ill be trying it out very shortly"
"Everyone that tasted this loved it!"