Pumpkin Butter Recipe
Biting into this spiced butter on a hot biscuit or toast is absolutely heavenly. With a dash of whipped cream, you might think you were eating pumpkin pie! —June Barrus, Springville, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 2. Cool. Spoon into jars. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 6 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 42 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC