Pumpkin Butter Pinwheels
A special autumn treat is as easy as rolling up crescent roll dough with pumpkin butter and chopped pecans. Just spread on vanilla frosting and enjoy! —Lori Merrick, Danvers, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
- Chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and
- perforations. Spread pumpkin butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting
- with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place on a greased baking
- Cut into eight slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Pull slices to the
- side, alternating left and right. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes
- or until golden brown.
- Spread with frosting; sprinkle with additional pecans if desired.
- Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 443 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.