- 3 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Cool. Spoon into jars. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Pumpkin Butter
"So good! I used lime in place of lemon and it was delicious!"
"This is such a lovely recipe with a wonderful blend of favors. I was wondering if the Pumpkin Butter be frozen."
"yum - yum - yum! So easy & fun to make... went through 1 jar in 1 day. Going to freeze 1 jar, see if that works to save some of it. ended up with 3 pint jars & a 1 cup dish. GOODNESS!"
"According to National Center for Home Food Preservation:The National Center for Home Food Preservation is your source for current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation. The Center was established with funding from the Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture (CSREES-USDA) to address food safety concerns for those who practice and teach home food preservation and processing methods.food preservation tips Seasonal Hot TopicsWe receive many questions about preserving pumpkins this time of year. Home canning is not recommended for pumpkin butter or any mashed or pureed pumpkin or winter squash, but we do have directions for canning cubed pumpkin. Pumpkin puree can be frozen or made into a spicy pumpkin leather."
"EXCELLENT!!! easy to make and EVERYONE loves it!!!!"
"How many ounces does this recipe make? Can I can it to send as gifts?"
"5 stars!! This is WONDERFUL!!!!"
"I wonder if you do a hot bath if you could "can" this (not sure if this is the right term, so it could be shelved for more than noted in recipie???"