Biting into this spiced butter on a hot biscuit or toast is absolutely heavenly. With a dash of whipped cream, you might think you were eating pumpkin pie! —June Barrus, Springville, Utah
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Cool. Spoon into jars. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Pumpkin Butter in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p58
Reviews for Pumpkin Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review