Pumpkin Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the chili sauce, soup, pumpkin, salt, pumpkin pie spice and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened. Serve on buns. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1333mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Pumpkin Burgers
"Sloppy joe with a little spice. Not bad, but nothing special"
"My husband for 5 years has talked bout taking me to eat a pumpkin burger at the pumpkin show in Circleville Ohio. Well I had one finally tonight. They are ok. Nothing I would make weekly but maybe couple times a year."
"Very nice. I would say this is more like a barbeque or sloppy joe than burger. It is great for the fall and would be nice at a harvest party accompanied along with some soup!"
"Hi, Is your town Circleville, Ohio? Is that your recipe or one from one of the stands that sell the "Pumpkin Burgers"? Just wondering. I tried them at the Circleville Pumpkin Show and really liked them, I'll try your recipe. Thanks, Granna2"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.