In our town, we have a pumpkin festival in late October and use pumpkins many different ways. This is a popular recipe for "sandwich night" at our house.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the chili sauce, soup, pumpkin, salt, pumpkin pie spice and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened. Serve on buns. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Burgers in Country Extra November 2002, p51
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pumpkin Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review