- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- In a large small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread
Sort By :
Very delicious and moist, I cut the sugar down to 1 cup and used chocolate chips instead of raisins.
Delicious! Very moist and flavorful. This is my favorite pumpkin bread for our family.
Amazingly moist! I love this recipe. Very moist and melt in your mouth. I will only make this from now on ! Fantastic!!!
I highly recommends sifting the flour, doubled the pumpkin amount and the cinnamon and used dried cranberries and added no oil.
One of my best breads I ever made it was so delicious and moist, I also used a Bundt pan instead of a loaf and baked 75 mins on 350. Yum!!!
Made the pumpkin bread for my son. Easy to make, moist, and spicy !!