- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread
"I LOVE this recipe. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had."
"This is the BEST pumpkin bread recipe I have ever eaten! So moist and delicious! It made 2 loaves so I am excited. I will use this recipe every time! I will try it with bananas sometime since I always end up with too many uneaten bananas. Mmmmmm................................"
"Love pumpkin bread in the fall. Used choc chips instead of raisins"
"I love this recipe..very moist and delicious...this recipe makes awesome cookies too..just drop by teaspoon or tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins. Great for the upcoming holidays."
"delicious and moist pumpkin bread!!! I did not add the spices because I wanted the full pumpkin flavor and instead of raisins I used craisins and plumped them first! I winner in our house!!!"
"I LOVE pumpkin bread and this recipe is great! Just the right amount of pumpkin taste. I might try and do muffins the next time. I usually leave out the nuts and may try the suggestion to add cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips!"
"Tastes great! I doubled the recipe and used walnuts and pecans - this pumpkin bread is definitely a winner!"
"very good, i used my squash instead of pumpkin. still tastes great."
"Before I bake this...what size can of pumpkin"