- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread
"I love this recipe..very moist and delicious...this recipe makes awesome cookies too..just drop by teaspoon or tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins. Great for the upcoming holidays."
"delicious and moist pumpkin bread!!! I did not add the spices because I wanted the full pumpkin flavor and instead of raisins I used craisins and plumped them first! I winner in our house!!!"
"I LOVE pumpkin bread and this recipe is great! Just the right amount of pumpkin taste. I might try and do muffins the next time. I usually leave out the nuts and may try the suggestion to add cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips!"
"Tastes great! I doubled the recipe and used walnuts and pecans - this pumpkin bread is definitely a winner!"
"very good, i used my squash instead of pumpkin. still tastes great."
"Before I bake this...what size can of pumpkin"
"Has anyone used fresh mashed pumpkins?"
"I made these into 4 mini loaves. I used cinnamon chips and less sugar instead of raisins and walnuts. Very easy to make."
"Great receipe but I found with my oven I had to bake it about 80 minutes. I baked the bread in a Pyrex glass loaf pan. Added walnuts and raisens, delicious!"
"Good flavor, nice spice. Mine came out overly sweet, though, for my taste and a bit heavy, not light and airy. I had dried cranberries so I used those. Next time I will try with fresh."