- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread
"This is a great recipe. I cut the sugar down to one cup and used Greek yogurt in place of half the oil and it was still really good and a bit healthier."
"I LOVE this recipe. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had."
"This is the BEST pumpkin bread recipe I have ever eaten! So moist and delicious! It made 2 loaves so I am excited. I will use this recipe every time! I will try it with bananas sometime since I always end up with too many uneaten bananas. Mmmmmm................................"
"Love pumpkin bread in the fall. Used choc chips instead of raisins"
"delicious and moist pumpkin bread!!! I did not add the spices because I wanted the full pumpkin flavor and instead of raisins I used craisins and plumped them first! I winner in our house!!!"
"I LOVE pumpkin bread and this recipe is great! Just the right amount of pumpkin taste. I might try and do muffins the next time. I usually leave out the nuts and may try the suggestion to add cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips!"
"Tastes great! I doubled the recipe and used walnuts and pecans - this pumpkin bread is definitely a winner!"
"very good, i used my squash instead of pumpkin. still tastes great."