- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and
- cloves; add to the butter mixture just until blended.
- Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake
- at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Transfer loaves to a cutting board; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place
- cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-10 minutes on
- each side or until lightly browned and firm. Remove to wire racks to
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the pie filling, raisins,
- cranberries, molasses and spices. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Combine cornstarch and apple cider until
- smooth; stir into apple mixture. Return to a boil; cook for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Serve with
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 1 tablespoon topping equals 114 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.