Pumpkin Bread Ring Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, in a saucepan, cook and stir butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 341 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread Ring
"This was a great tasting cake. I even substituted the baking mix with gluten free bisquick. It was delicious. Very moist and tasty for days. My kids loved it too (they are little and can be picky). I was not particularly fond of the frosting. Next time I will not brown the butter and instead will add some orange food coloring for a Halloween look."
"this pumpkin bread ring not only looks pretty but is a very moist bread . The glaze adds extra sweetness without overpowering the pumpkin taste. I made it just like the recipe. The only change I may make next time I might add chopped pecans to the batter"
"It's okay. I thought it was a little bland. The glaze makes it. I found myself not wanting to eat the parts without glaze. It does look pretty,"
"Excellent! Everyone loves this and it's so easy. Looks impressive. Has a wonderful taste."
"Was very good everyone liked it."
"I prepared this recipe last weekend. The flavor was great, however I thought it was a bit dry. I will try this again, but I think I'll add some raisins or maybe some nuts with it. Gotta love fall and the smell of baked goods with pumpkin."
"I went to school in New Oxford, PA, so when I saw this recipe was submitted by one of its residents, I had to make it. That was a week ago and I'm on my second ring already.We love it and I will definitely make it again. I will say, however, that both times I've made it the glaze soaked into the bread and turned out a tan hue rather than white. What didn't soak into the bread ran into the middle of the ring to form a deep puddle and also ran out onto my cake keeper. Obviously, I'm not doing something properly with respect to the glaze. I think next time I'm going with a simpler glaze 'recipe' to see if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.We love it, even with the bum glaze. :)"