- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- For glaze, in a saucepan, cook and stir butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread Ring
Sort By :
"This was a great tasting cake. I even substituted the baking mix with gluten free bisquick. It was delicious. Very moist and tasty for days. My kids loved it too (they are little and can be picky). I was not particularly fond of the frosting. Next time I will not brown the butter and instead will add some orange food coloring for a Halloween look."
"this pumpkin bread ring not only looks pretty but is a very moist bread . The glaze adds extra sweetness without overpowering the pumpkin taste. I made it just like the recipe. The only change I may make next time I might add chopped pecans to the batter"
"It's okay. I thought it was a little bland. The glaze makes it. I found myself not wanting to eat the parts without glaze. It does look pretty,"
"Excellent! Everyone loves this and it's so easy. Looks impressive. Has a wonderful taste."
"Was very good everyone liked it."