I've been making this moist bread for years. It looks pretty on the table and provides a nice taste of pumpkin on your menu when you're not planning pumpkin pie for dessert. -Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- For glaze, in a saucepan, cook and stir butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread Ring in Reminisce September/October 2002, p48
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review