Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
Old-fashioned but never out of style, this comforting dessert comes from Lois Fetting of Nelson, Wisconsin. She recalls, "I got this favorite pumpkin recipe from an elderly aunt."
- 4 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Half-and-half cream or whipped cream, optional
- 1. Combine bread cubes, dates and 1/3 cup pecans; place in a greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over bread cubes and toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC